Friday, July 15, 2011

Shopping NYC Style



On Wednesday (June 13th) Mom and I headed from the Bronx to downtown (Manhattan).  While waiting for the bus Penggie wanted  to see "Da Bronx".  He said: "Whats the big deal?"  Almost dropped him in a bin.  What does he know from snow and ice anyway right?


We got off the bus on 5th Avenue and went SHOPPING! Mom took me to a cool accessory shop called "Laila Rowe".  The girl who waited on us was really sweet and nice.  They seemed to know my Mom VERY well because when we walked in all the clerks greeted us with "HI!  We some new stuff that you haven't seen yet."  They knew exactly what she likes. lol  I would recommend this store to anyone going to NYC.  The clerks were sweet to everyone.  Always want to spend my money in a place where they treat you well.  Then we hit a shoe store were the owner also knew my Mom very well.  So well that he gave me a lovely discount on 2 pairs of sandals.  See "foot bling":

BEADS!


By this time we were starving because we hadn't eaten breakfast.  We picked up box lunches from a place called the "Pret A Manager"  (if someone knows what the heck it means please tell me lol).  This place was featured once on the today show because everything is made fresh daily and at the end of the day what ever is left over the homeless are invited in to their shops to enjoy a filling and topnotch meal.  I was all over supporting a business that helps their community.  The food is top notch and big portions wow.  Penggie even enjoyed it.  We took our lunches to Bryant Park which is located behind the library.  This park used to be a hole but it has been cleaned up and turned into an oasis in the middle of the city.  Green and lush with places for entertainment.  There were people juggling and music playing.  And did Vikkie take pictures of any of this loveliness?  No instead I took a pic of this: 

The toilet was cool!  Instead of having a paper sheet that really does not protect you these had a button you pushed and the plastic rolled into a waste section.  I just HAD to take a pic. lol

Chrysler Building.

 After lunch we walked in front of the Library.  Penggie was very interested in the Lions that guard the knowledge inside.

If you love books this library is heaven.  It has underground levels and some of the oldest books in the country.  Popular place for school trips.  I walked here many times from my high school.

ROAR! Be respectful of my books!


Ok there is more to this day but it is going on another post. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment