Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23rd...Hammock Joy







Today "The Honey" and I went to Donner Lake.  The pictures were taken from my hammock. :-)  It was absolutely gorgeous.  At first we weren't sure it was going to be the peaceful escape we were looking forward to because there was a large group of teenage girls spread across the shore.  NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TEEN GIRLS.  (After all I teach high school)  Just as most know teen girls can be loud and over the top in experiencing their joy, and when there are 20+ all together...well you know.  It turned out that this was the mellowest and most laid back group of girls I had ever been around.  It was actually kind of strange. lol  The other thing I noticed was that NONE of them had electronics on them of any kind...no iphones or cells to be seen.  I am so used to seeing (& fighting over) electronics as another appendage on teenagers that it sort of stuck out that this group had none.  AND wow can you imagine they were having fun talking, swimming, boating and being with each other. LOL


What did "The Honey" and I do?  We laid in the dappled sunshine, read, ate, knitted (me only) and took a paddle boat out into the middle of the lake.  It was glorious!  Thank you honey...great idea!  The view from my hammock was oh so fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment